BSB Logistica operates in the Contract Logistics sector (Third-Party Logistics) and in particular Warehouse Logistics, dealing with all activities performed within the warehouse.
These can be summarised as follows:
- Receiving the vehicle
- Unloading goods (both on pallets and in packages)
- Qualitative check on the packaging condition
- Quantitative check with respect to the incoming delivery note
- Storage on pallet racks or on the ground (stack)
- Preparing picking lists sent by the customer
- Picking goods according to the customer’s needs: whole pallets, pallets composed of packages picked from multiple pallets, whole packages, packages composed of multiple parts picked from multiple locations
- Special processing, ad hoc based on customer needs
- Handling the outgoing delivery note received from the customer, completing any CMR for shipments abroad and handling the waybill for the courier
- Loading goods onto the outgoing vehicle
All these phases (receipt, storage, picking and shipping) can be supported by an Information System (WMS, Warehouse Management System) that tracks all inbound and outbound movements of goods in the warehouse and provides timely and accurate information on warehouse stocks.
The WMS can be interfaced with the customer’s Information System (ERP, Enterprise Resource Planning) to allow the parties to coordinate fundamental information for logistics (items, quantity, sender, recipient, carrier used, etc.).
The WMS plays an even more important role in the food sector. In this sector, product picking is linked to two elements: the batch and the expiry. The WMS traces both these elements and steers the operator towards correct product picking.
Our warehouses are close to major motorway connections, facilitating the distribution and receipt of products to and from the major industrialised areas of Italy. A logistics hub served by good local infrastructure leads to economic advantages, including in transport costs.
Our operational activities of logistics and consulting take place mainly in the provinces of: Lecco, Como, Milan, Monza and Brianza, Varese, Bergamo, Brescia, Pavia, Piacenza, Parma, Reggio Emilia, Modena, Lodi, Verona and Vicenza.